Friday, March 21, 2008

Sweet Surprise...



My cousin Amy came to town today for a visit. She brought her new boyfriend (whom I approve of:) and they brought me a surprise. Her roommate, Amber, has been making a quilt out of my wedding gown (see previous post) for Piper. Amber knew I was planning on hanging this quilt on the wall instead of really using it as Piper's blanket because I want it to be a keepsake for her. So..... she decided to not only make me one baby quilt, but 2! She is still finishing up the one for the wall but made a second (simpler and softer) one that I can actually let Piper use. It's so sweet. Cam and I were so excited about it! We're soooo thankful for Amber and her generosity to spend so much of her time quilting something that is so precious to us:) THANKS AMBER!!!

7 comments:

Becke' said...

very precious!

BK said...

That is so touching.
Amber rocks !

Jenny said...

Oh, yea.... I forgot to add that I have never even met Amber and she is being so generous to me!

Krista said...

Beautiful! Tami did this too! What a memorable way to get good use out of your wedding dress.

Little Oak Table said...

what a great idea! the quilts are super sweet.

i was thinking about all the boys cute little tshirts and pj's they are outgrowing. do you think that kind of fabric would work to piece a quilt together? all the little rockets, spidermen, baseball outfits etc..are so sweet, and i'd love to have those memories.

i hope ya'll have fun diamond digging...sounds like a blast!

Jenny said...

Anna-
I think that would be super cool, too. I've heard of people quilting old t-shirts. I'd love to do that. I wish I could sew myself. Maybe some day.
Jenny

made2mama said...

How sweet of Amber! I think it's such a wonderful idea.