Saturday, March 29, 2008

I'm a mess....


Okay, so I'm always emotional and really can't blame it on being about 9 months pregnant but I really am a mess.... I sobbed and sobbed last night thinking about how big the boys are getting (seriously SOBBED). The trigger was that the boys are now sleeping in the same room, which began this week. Well, before Parker started sleeping with Andrew, Andrew use to sneak out all of the time and come into the living room and snack with Cam and I. Yea, at times it was annoying but it was such sweet, quality time we had with Andrew and felt that it was okay because he was the BIG brother and old enough to stay up a little longer with the grown ups:). Well now that Parker is in there, that can't happen because they'd never go to sleep. Our routine is after a book, we set an alarm for them to chat for 15 minutes and then after that it's time to sleep. They've really adjusted well to this and I'm so proud.... BUT I was so sad last night thinking how Andrew wasn't going to be sneaking out anymore. I'm not going to see his little blonde head sneaking around the bottom of the recliner:( and the saddest thing is I didn't think about this until it was gone. So as I was sitting watching a depressing Dateline, which didn't help, I started thinking of how Andrew wasn't coming out to snack. I really wanted to make some popcorn but just couldn't because I thought it would make me even more sad that Andrew wasn't going to sneak in about 5 times to get a handful. I told Cam he really should think of committing me;). I honestly don't know what I'll do this Fall when Andrew starts kindergarten, especially since it's where I'll be teaching. I told Cam that I may have to call in sick the first day of school because I'll be so sad:(. I'll seriously probably have to take off a few years when they graduate. Ugghhhhh.... I'm a mess! I was actually doing pretty good this morning until I read this sweet blog post. Oh man, I lost it all over again (Cam walked by and saw me sobbing and said, "okay, click on the little x and close your computer":). It's that kind of cry that you can't help but crack up laughing because you're sobbing so much, so basically I've been manic for the past 24 hours:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

jenny-
thanks for stopping by!
i'm so sorry i made you cry! i'll try to find a funny post to follow it up!

Little Oak Table said...

i so almost called you last night, but was afraid it was too late. i read your blog. then i read your friends blog. then i tried to read your friends post out loud to shane and the boys. well, i started crying while trying to read it. then we started laughing and shane told ME to hit the x in the top right corner.

Becke' said...

I am typing this before I read the sad blog...not sure I really even need to go down that yellow brick road! I just wanted to say I totally know your feelings of our precious kiddos growing up too fast. It is why I don't ever want to stop having them. The cute phases and phrases don't last long enough. Kindergarten isn't as bad as you think...I bet you will love having him at the same school as you!

houseofeling said...

oh I know how you feel. Let's try and freeze time....