Sunday, November 16, 2008

2 for 1..


I just had to snap a pic with my phone of our first bag of recycled trash. Since I work at a Green school, we have recycle trailers on site all the time so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to start recycling. Cam thinks I'm a little overboard because I'm policing what he throws in the regular trash now but come on now, if we're gonna save the earth, let's save the earth:).
I had Cam put the trash bag by our "I am thankful for" tree so I could upload a 2 for 1 pic. I got this idea from Krista, although I'm sure her tree looks much better than ours:)... I'm hoping to start a tradition where we'll always put our tree up on Cam's birthday (Nov 3) and then take it down the day after Thanksgiving. I'm going to keep our leaves so we can look back on them later. It's been fun. We make our leaves at dinner time and sometimes when I have forgotten the boys have reminded me.
I've been sick today with a SORE throat. Tonight I made some Wassil and we all sat at the table with our coffee cups and wassil. It reminded me of a time when I worked at the Christian Book Store with my dear friend Lanna. On Saturdays before Christmas we would serve wassil so they had it written on the calendar, along with the names of the workers who were to work that day. I remember Lanna seeing the calendar and asking "Who is Wassil, did we hire somebody?" :)... ahhh.. I always think of Lanna when I drink Wassil:).

4 comments:

made2mama said...

Good times, good times! Thank you for reminding me of wonderful Wassil. I'd forgotten about him;P

the Fosters said...

So glad you have started recycling! What another good example to set for your kiddos! It is amazing all the stuff that can be recycled!!
Cute pictures too! Where was it taken?

The Outlaw Family said...

Cute tree!! We did one too. It was really fun with the kids! Still is :) I will try and take a pic of ours too! it looks nothing like Krista's tree either. I tried to do it well, but also wanted the kids to help....so you know. Still great and has encouraged us to be in constant thought of what we are thankful for.

Krista said...

I like your Thanksgiving Tree! :) Our girls remind us too if we forget!