Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm just saying...

Praise the Lord for Puff's Kleenex with lotion! Owweee.. my nose is killing me. Yesterday I could NOT swallow, today I can NOT breathe! I've been achy and sick all day... contemplating missing work tomorrow.
It's been wild around here lately... we've had visitors and no I'm not talking brown recluse.. I'm talking a mouse. YIKES. I haven't slept well for about 5 nights because it's made it's home in my night stand. Darn it! It always has a party at night and wakes me up... I dreamed last night it was in my bed. I told Cam I was sleeping on the couch if we didn't catch it. As Piper and I were laying on my bed watching Dancing with the Stars, I see it run across the bathroom floor. Cam put out two glue pads and sure enough about 5 minutes later that little stinker had ran onto one. This was what I wanted, right... I should be relieved b/c I'll be able to sleep tonight... yea right, if I can ever get the picture of that sweet little mouse struggling on that glue board out of my head. Ugghhh... it was horrible! Cam was against taking it to the vet :(... poor little Stuart Little.

On a funnier note... today in my 5th grade Math class a boy said, "Mrs. Wallace, have you heard the song Don't Blink by Trace Adkins?" I said, "Oh my, yes, that song is SO sad"... he said, "whatever... I've been blinking as much as I can and it's not working". I couldn't help but laugh...

On an even funnier note... tonight during my misery I began to read our Kleenex box. Now, unfortunately this wasn't the Puffs Plus. I only have the good stuff at school:(. This was some sort of Kleenex that supposedly kills germs. I was a little intrigued so I began to read the box. It was telling what type of germs it exterminates and then I read that it takes 15 to kill the blasted germs. I'm thinking, "seriously though who leaves dirty Kleenexes lying around for 15 minutes, I mean just throw the thing away". Well... I guess I chuckled too soon. I saw Piper gnawing on something and sure enough it was that germ killer Kleenex and then I got to thinking "Oh no, it's only been about 13 minutes"... sorry Piper!

Okay, another side note... Parker just went #2 and when he was finished he said, "I'm finished and it's quite big". I mean really, what 3 year old says that?

3 comments:

The Outlaw Family said...

Oh man! A mouse!! That has been my BIGGEST fear lately with Matt being gone. I really have to pray about it because it makes me CRAZY. I feel like a spy every time I enter a room, scanning making sure there are no moving animals on the ground. I would grab the kids, a few clothes and head to my parents if I saw one :) How did it get in your night stand? Can they climb? Oh my gosh. I won't be sleeping tonight! I will have to start scanning higher in the room! hahaha

The Uptons said...

sorry,not gonna trade you your mouse for our lizard, i think we'll keep him ;) working with elementary aged kids is sooo funny sometimes isn't it, i'm always thinking what the heck is c. saying to all her teachers when i'm not around!:)

Anonymous said...

may he rest in peace!

i hate to hear you are feeling bad. it does not sound like what you have is fun at all and i hope you got to stay home to rest now what stuart is gone.

anna