Sunday, November 9, 2008

Greetings from Africa

I met a dear friend when I taught in Rwanda. His name is Andrew. He was a teacher in the class I taught. He just recently got email and has been emailing me a couple of times a month. I just love to hear from him. It always takes me back to my time in Rwanda. It really puts things into perspective for me. He told me that his sister just passed away because she was ill. It broke my heart for him. I know he and his family have suffered greatly from illnesses. When I told him that I was teaching in an elementary school and Andrew was with me, he asked me if Parker and Piper stayed home alone. Imagine that... and I totally understand the question because it's the norm in Rwanda but can you imagine a 3 year old home alone?
Here is a picture he sent me. He is studying computers right now in school.
Dear Lord... Please be with Andrew. Help him to have success in his studies and be able to find a job to help support his family. I pray for his health and the health of his family. My heart breaks for the people of Rwanda and the struggles they face daily but I find comfort in the fact that You are sovereign and in complete control. Thank you so much for all that you've taught me through my friendship with Andrew. I pray that our friendship will last for many years to come.

No comments: