Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My thoughts on welcoming little Piper...

I remember how emotional I was when I was pregnant with Parker. I know this sounds crazy, but I was sooo sad for Andrew to have to share his mommy. I knew I would love the new baby, we didn't know if Parker was a boy or a girl, but I just loved Andrew so much and he was only 17 months old. I hated to turn his world upside down. Well, shortly after having Parker, I realized just what a gift he was to Andrew, not to mention what a gift he has been to me and Cam. I can't imagine life without Andrew and Parker being together. They are best friends:) So now after witnessing their relationship, I'm sooo excited about little Piper joining the crew. I can't wait to see Parker become a big brother. He is sooo happy about getting a little sister. I already know Andrew is a perfect big brother, so it'll be such a blessing to see him interact with Piper, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know what you mean. i'm wandering how piper is going to fit in with my boys too. just kiddin!

it will be exciting to see how you like cloth diapers. that will be a huge savings if you do! aw

Phoebe said...

I completely understand. Our two are 16 mo. apart and as excited as I was to welcome Eli, I was also sad about all the 1-on-1 time that would be lost with his arrival. But all has worked out well and now him and Anna are buddies (on most days). Looking forward to seeing pics of Piper.

made2mama said...

I bet Andrew and Parker will be very protective of Piper. No one will want to mess with her. I can't wait to see her. I'm praying for you and Piper and that everything goes smoothly.