Friday, August 15, 2008

Dear Kindergarten Teacher

Ugghhhh... only a couple of days left until Andrew becomes a Kindergartener:(. I have a lump in my throat, butterflies in my stomach and tears running down my cheek. I just want to hold on extra tight and keep him here forever but he is SO excited about meeting his teacher and new friends. I am SO grateful God has provided the opportunity for me to teach children a few doors down from him. Below, I've copied a letter to his teacher.

Dear Kindergarten Teacher,

I have been praying for you for a while now. Each night when I tuck Andrew into bed, I've said a prayer that goes something like this:
Please Lord, bring my son a Kindergarten teacher that will give him a love of education. Help his teacher to make learning fun and to love her job. Please help him to see Your goodness through his teacher and the friends that he makes. 
I'm sure you've received several letters from other mommies but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to tell you a little about Andrew. He's definitely a pleaser. He always wants to make others happy and gets very sad when he feels he's done something wrong. He can be a chatter box. He is very outgoing and loves making new friends. He loves to build things, climb trees, snuggle mommy and make things out of play-doh. He is very, very excited about Kindergarten and we are excited to have you as a teacher! I was so thankful to hear that you had children of your own because I know becoming a mommy myself has made me a much better teacher. My prayer is that God will bless you with a wonderful year and that Andrew will brighten up your day as much as he does ours.
God Bless-
Jenny

6 comments:

the Fosters said...

Oh Jenny! My heart aches for you this next week. Your first born entering kindergarten! What a huge milestone!
That was a very sweet letter and I am sure she will appreciate it.

designHER Momma said...

That letter is awesome! Did you really send it to her? Hope so....it's really special.

Jenny said...

Yep, I really sent it to her. Actually Andrew drew her a picture and my letter was written on the bottom of the picture. We put the letter in a jar with lots of goodies for her. Andrew and I went shopping and picked out lots of fun stuff for her desk and her tummy:)

Anonymous said...

Thinkin' about you tonight, Jenny... I know it's hard!

Anita said...

ok...i'm crying now!! beautiful letter, jenny! i'll be praying for you today!

Jenny said...

thank you guys for praying for us!!! it really helped!