Sunday, August 31, 2008

LIttle Miss Crafty

Andrew's birthday party was yesterday at Playworld. I knew the kiddos would get cake but they don't ever bring enough for the adults so I decided to make some cake balls. They were super yummy and fun to make.


This week I saw the coolest idea from the lady I teach with. She made a ziplock quilt with duct tape. It has 25 openings to showcase student work. I decided to make one to hang in the boy's room. They're always hanging up art around the house so I thought we could display it in their ziplock quilt. You just open up the bag to change out the pictures. I'm planning on making a green (his favorite color) one for Parker so they'll each have their own.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to see how that works... where do you open the bags? It looks like they are taped all around.

Jenny said...

The bags aren't actually taped in the back, some of the corners are folded over but not really taped. The ziplock bags have one end higher than the other where they close so I can take all of the taller sides together and the openings aren't taped at all. does that make any sense??:)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think I understand.

Just filing away ideas for Anna's future coloring career. Looks like a great way to keep art from overtaking your house.

The Uptons said...

I love this idea...gonna do it for the playroom... way cooler than taping it to the wall like we do now!