Thursday, August 21, 2008

Welcome to elementary and flipper...

This afternoon I got my first taste of being a mommy to an elementary tyke. Andrew's first homework assignment was to decorate a gingerbread man. We were suppose to help him find things around the house to use to decorate. I thought he did a great job. He used a washer that he found on the street this week, he used some colorful mini cotton balls and a feather. He had a lot of fun doing it. Today at lunch time I visited with a mommy of a peer in Andrew's class. All of the sudden she whips out their gingerbread man. My first thought was, "I wonder if Mrs. Hartwick has seen Andrew's yet... maybe I can sneak in and take it back and help him redecorate". You should've seen their little gingerbread man. It was AMAZING! His mommy must have planned this decoration for a while, I just sat there and watched Andrew decorate his, I didn't really help at all. I mean, don't think I didn't want to. I knew that he only needed to add one wooden heart, instead of two but I bit my tongue and let it be. I guess I should've called in Martha Stewart:).

Piper Jane usually takes a short nap in the evening. She was sleepy so I went and put her down to sleep but apparently she wasn't having it. She didn't want a nap. So after a few minutes of her crying Cameron went to get her and noticed she had flipped over. We lay her on her belly and she had turned over to her back:).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Piper!

I'm sure the gingerbread man was, um, unique... and that Andrew did a great job!

Anita said...

haha!! oh the competition of parents!!! don't be one of those moms who does their kids science projects for them!!