Monday, August 18, 2008

The first day...

Ohhhh.. I'm so sleepy. This has been a LONG day. I have to say, I have a new respect for elementary teachers. I've always taught in the upper grades and have never experienced standing on my feet EVERY second of the day.
This morning when I went to drop Andrew off, the super excited Kindergartener became pretty clingy and shy. His room was a big cry-fest. There were tears and snotty noses everywhere (parents and kiddos). Andrew did really well, he didn't want me to leave but never broke down and really cried. I was teary eyed several times but didn't break down, either. I stayed in there for about 30 minutes to help soothe other sad, little ones. I just knew I'd want someone soothing my Andrew if I wasn't there so I treated all of them like they were my own.
Last night Andrew and I went and picked out some goodies for his teacher. He was SO excited to give it to her this morning. I took a picture of them together:). She is really sweet and soft spoken. Andrew really likes her a lot. I peaked in his room, thank goodness he's seated by the window, probably 1000 times. He was always happy! My room is right by the playground so I got to watch him while he was out on recess. He saw something he really wanted to do and cut in line to try to do it. He got pushed off that apparatus pretty quickly:). Since he's always been home, he's never really experienced lines and waiting his turn. I think he learned pretty quickly;).
When I went to his classroom after school to get him, I asked him "what was your favorite thing about Kindergarten?" he said, "EVERYTHING"!

Also, THANK YOU to everyone who has been praying for me and Andrew for today! Your prayers definitely helped!


9 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

precious pictures!! mrs. hartwick has on her premier!!! good for her! ha!

that pic of andrew with the green box and the bag in his hand is precious. just the sweetest little smile you ever saw!

becke' and i wandered how it was being away from parky park and sissy!?!!

Autumn said...

Oh I am so happy to hear that he did so well..and you too! He looks so cute in all the photos..what an excited little guy. Now if he can only remain excited about getting educated until he graduates college:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, he looks so proud standing by his teacher! I'm glad he had a good day.

I like your new look!

the Fosters said...

What a big day! I have a huge amount of respect for teachers. They have a big job (at every grade).

Andrew looks so grown up in his pictures. What a proud little boy he is! How did you manage to hold back all the tears? Lots of prayer?

the Percifuls said...

I've really enjoyed reading your kindergarten posts this week. Thanks for sharing your smiles & tears. Andrew is precious! I remember holding him when I was working in the nursery at church, back when I was pregnant with Tristan. My, how time flies!!

The Reagans said...

aww, jenny i am so proud of you for being a big girl at school!! jk! I don't even have kids yet, but i tear up just hearing you talk about them growing up fast. Praise God for teachers and parents like ya'll!

made2mama said...

I'm so glad Andrew had a wonderful day! Now I know what I have to look forward to;(. That is so neat you get to be near to peek in on him.

Anita said...

i'm so glad you get to see him a little bit all day!! that's such a cute pic of you two together!

Paige said...

soft spoken just like his mom no wonder he likes her!