Thursday, May 15, 2008

I am so thankful that...

1. Today has been better than yesterday.
2. Piper slept better last night.
3. Piper hasn't been near as fussy today.
4. The boys woke up at 7:00 am instead of 6:45 (15 minutes is really a long time:).
5. Cameron will be home at 5:00 instead of at 6:30 (he had to show our rent house last night so his 1st day back to work was a really, really looooong one). 
6. My dear, dear friend Diana is bringing us dinner. I could write this one 10 times because I'm really so excited about that. It's hard to cook and clean when you're so sleep deprived. THANK YOU DIANA!!!
7. I'm late on this one but last Wednesday our nanny, Mrs. Mindy, stopped by and picked the boys up and took them to the library and to play for several hours. We were SO EXCITED AND THANKFUL FOR THIS!!!
8. Piper is sleeping right now in her bassinet.
9. The boys are playing Secret Agents outside and there's no screaming (YET).
10. We have leftovers to eat for lunch.
11. I have been much more patient today (So far).
12. We've only had our For Rent sign up for 1 day and probably had a dozen people interested and are having to choose who to rent to.
13. David Archuletta and David Cook are in the finals of American Idol:), however, I am sad it will be over next week:( what will we do on Tues and Wed nights??

I'm sure I could write a lot more but I need to get lunch going before sweet Piper wakes up. 
Also, please pray for us and Piper. The boys were sooo colicky and the past couple of days it's looking as though Piper may be showing some signs of colic (Parker started right after he was 2 wks old). I'm sooo sad about this because the baby stage was not fun at all with either of the boys. They literally cried for hours and hours at a time everyday. I know we will survive if Piper goes through the same thing but I really want to just enjoy at least one of our babies sweet baby time. 

7 comments:

David said...

That's a sweet post.

Have you started the 90-min sleep cycle yet? Early on, Anna had long times of inconsolable crying. I wouldn't call it colic, but it looked like it was heading that direction. Once we got her on the 90-min sleep cycle, things were so much better. Now she gets a little fussy each night between 9 and 10 (almost like clockwork), but that is all.

Jenny said...

I've definitely noticed that her wake times are usually right at 90 minutes. I haven't really timed it yet but will soon.

Anonymous said...

Sam wasn't really colicky, but Maryn was. Every night from about 5-10, she just cried and cried. Our saving grace with her was that Dave and I just took turns doing all the things you have to do to try to pacify. Just remember, it isn't forever, and God has given you EVERYTHING you need to make it. Plus, I think you have to look on the bright side alot during that season!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor Piper! I mean, poor Jenny and Cameron! I hope this passes quickly.

I don't remember Andrew, but I remember Parker's bouts of crying in the nursery. He turned into a happy kid though!

Phoebe said...

Just a thought. When Eli was about 2 weeks old he started crying for hours on end, usually starting around 4:00 or 5:00 and going until 10:00 or 11:00. It ended up that he just couldn't really tolerate breastmilk. As soon as we switched him to lactose free formula it stopped - that very day. It was a life (and nerve) saver!

The Browns said...

Hopefully this is just a short stage for Piper!! But if not you may want to check into the all natural colic tablets, you put them on their tongue and they dissolve in seconds. I've also heard alot of people using Gripe Water. She sure is precious!!

houseofeling said...

praying for little Piper....crying is not fun....at 3 weeks or at 30 years....no fun!