Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It was a good one....

The kiddos and I had a pretty good day today. Piper usually sleeps pretty well but last night wasn't so great so I was extra sleepy and knew that I needed to have planned activities to make it through the day. The boys always do so much better when we follow some sort of schedule of activities. We watched a few episodes of Tom and Jerry (their favorite) and then did some of Andrew's school work. Mrs. Mindy has been home schooling him over the past year and we are trying to continue his studies. I gave Parker some colored chips to sort while Andrew and I worked on reading his "i book". They both did really well. After school, we cooked lunch. They were really excited about this. We made baked ziti. I decided to chop up some squash to add to it because I figured they wouldn't be able to taste it too much. We all sat on the floor in the kitchen and I let them help me pour the noodles in the water and watch me cut up the squash. I cooked the meat last night so I wouldn't have to do that today. I got them a stool and chair and put it by the stove, but not to close:). They had so much fun cooking. I also had them set the table up like we were at a restaurant. It was sweet:). Parker got the forks and napkins and Andrew put away the school supplies. Andrew also made a menu of what we were having. They had the best time and ate sooo much. The best part was that we had baked ziti for dinner, too, so I didn't have to cook tonight! I'm sooo thankful for a good, fun day. I'm always in awe of my Grandma Glover who had 10 kids. How did she do it?

1 comment:

Becke' said...

You are a good Mommy...always thinking of creative things to do. Blessings to ya!