Saturday, May 17, 2008

Knock on Wood...

THANK you to everyone who has been praying for sweet Piper. She's had a much better last few days!!! She has a couple of fussy periods each day but it's NOTHING compared to what the boys were like. She really seems to just be fussy when she's hungry, sleepy or has a little gas. I'm sooo excited that she's doing better and just hope that it continues!! Also, I totally second what Jennifer has said about the book The 90 Minute Baby Sleep Program. I've noticed after reading some of the book (I haven't had time to read it all b/c for some reason the boys don't think it makes a good night-night book:), that when Piper is awake it's usually for 90 minutes. Today I decided to keep track of the time better and sure enough every time Piper was awake she was awake for 90 minutes. Toward the end of 90 minutes her eyes were really heavy and she got a little fussy so I swaddled her and put her in her crib and she slept so well. It's been sooo much better the last few days. I'm still totally sleep deprived because one of her fussy periods is through the night. Last night she got fussy before bedtime so we didn't go to sleep until after 1:00 am and then Parker woke up before 5:00 am and wanted someone to sleep with him so I went and snuggled him IN HIS TODDLER BED until 6:00 am... just in time to feed Piper again. Whew.... what a night but honestly I enjoyed snuggling my sweeties!! More sleep would be nice but these are definitely sweet times!!

2 comments:

the Percifuls said...

I'm so glad to hear things have gotten better for you. It's so hard to function on little or no sleep!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of the 90 min sleep cycle. My babes were more like 45...which is half of 90...maybe I should look into it.