Thursday, July 17, 2008

Blahhh...

It's been a tough couple of days. Two of our students from the Jr. High made a really bad decision that cost one his life. Apparently an older guy had told them how to get freon out of the AC and they decided to huff it. Jesse died in the pool and the other one was on the verge of death. Jesse's sister was one of my students, she found them. I can't imagine what she's going through. Please remember their families in your prayers. Another student that we had a couple of years ago died in a car accident Monday night so it's been a bad week for the community. I couldn't sleep at all last night thinking about Jesse and Alex and what Jesse's sister will be haunted with for the rest of her life. It's so scary to think about how reckless kids can be.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh girl, that is a lot to be dealing with. i hate to hear all of that. you were on my heart this afternoon while i was helping reed go poo poo in the potty. haha. i really was thinkin' about you today. i was curious how your neck is feeling, although i'm pretty sure i know the answer. and by the way, i'm doing my queen wave, can you see me? love, anna

The Uptons said...

i am so sorry for all that the Brier is dealing with, but it is a great community and will only become closer and stronger for it! i can only imagine what you teachers are going through having spent time with these young ones. life is so fragile, so precious...gotta go hug my littles! love ya!

houseofeling said...

I am so sorry for this week. blahh is right. I will pray for the boys families, so incredibly sad.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for everything you and your community dealing with. I'll remember you and the boys' families in my prayers.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

de-lurking to say I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that the sister is doing ok. She'll need lots of extra love for a while.