Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Heirloom





Amber, my cousin's roommate, finished my baby quilt. The pictures really don't do it justice, it's gorgeous. She put so much hand sewn detail into it! I love it!!! I have extra fabric left over and I'm hoping to make something with it, not sure what though. Maybe I could do a pillow that could be used as a ring bearer pillow for my kids in the future. I also added some pics of my wedding dress before cutting it up (my scanner is broken so I had to just take a couple of pics of my wedding pictures so they're not the best quality:). I LOVE heirlooms. I've been fortunate to get a few heirlooms from my grandmothers and I'm hoping to leave several heirlooms for my children and grandchildren.
Just a little FYI about my wedding... we were super frugal. My dress only cost $199.00 and my bridesmaids and I made all of our bouquet arrangements the day of the wedding which was super fun! My roommate, Jalyn, took all of my pictures and did a wonderful job! My mom did all of the food... I think we spent a little over $1000 on everything. Isn't that great? I spent the summer before my wedding in Rwanda and was terribly convicted about how much money we spend in America. Not only did we save tons of money but it was extra special having people I really cared make my wedding special.

5 comments:

Krista said...

Gorgeous! I would like to make something for my girls out of my dress too. I just have too many projects going on right now! :)

We were super frugal with our wedding as well. I remember your wedding! I wouldn't have thought that you would have spent that little on everything! That's great!

Little Oak Table said...

Oh Dang. First let me say don't read my blog today about buying a big house. I was just kidding.

Second, the quilt is fabulous! That was a great idea you had.

The Uptons said...

love the quilt idea, very sweet!

the Fosters said...

You were beautiful on your wedding day. Wish I knew you then. The quilt is such a great idea! Way to be creative.

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I hope I can see it sometime.