Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sweet giggles and more appointments...

Mom kept the boys today while I took Piper to a couple of my doctor visits. While we were waiting in the room at the doc's office she got the giggles:)... I was acting like I was going to tickle her feet and she kept laughing and laughing. You know that deep belly laugh that only babies can do. It was sooo sweet!!
I got my MRI results today. My neck looks okay, some degeneration around my discs but nothing else too unusual. The radiologist did find a cyst on my thyroid and wants me to call my regular doc tomorrow to get an appointment to get an ultrasound done. Just what I need, another doctor's appointment. The doctor did give me a prescription for a therapy machine that I can use at home for my neck and back. It's the same thing they use at my chiropractor's office so it's really handy to be able to use it at home.
Okay... randomness but I had to include it:)... I saw one of my old students the other day at Wal-Mart. I was sooo excited to see him. He was a student of mine at a behavioral hospital. He was my favorite student there... yes, teachers have favorites, too:). He was my favorite because he had sooo many obstacles in his life but had so much potential to turn things around. He seemed to be doing really well. He's married and is 22... I couldn't believe he was so old, made me feel really old!! I love being a teacher! I absolutely adore my students. There are so many that I had at Jacksonville that I miss so much and would love to know how they are doing. I miss Jacksonville:( I definitely felt like God used me there. I know that He can use me where I am now but there just seems to be sooo many more kids that are in need there.
Better get to bed... I have a massage scheduled in the morning:)!

2 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

that is so awesome that you love your job!!! that is a blessing!

so, i give you pills, you let me come use your machine? is that how it works? just jokin'!

are you getting any relief? where are you going for your massage? i'm thinking you told me your friend does it, is that right?

Little Oak Table said...

you are so funny! what are you still doing up!? oh wait, let me guess...

sweet piper?