Sunday, July 20, 2008

They never knew...


I've had that cookbook Jerry Seinfeld's wife wrote about sneaking veggies in your dishes for a while now. I've been too lazy to actually go out and buy the ingredients of her recipes so I thought I would sneak some veggie puree in some dishes that we already eat. I made sour cream chicken casserole this week and included a 1/2 cup of pureed cauliflower to it. It honestly tasted just the same! I'm super picky and I couldn't tell it was in it at all. The boys never knew! I'm hoping to buy some broccoli and sweet peas to puree and add to some other dishes soon because I'm such a good mom and only feed my kids healthy foods.

Ooooo... I better go. Our chocolate cake needs to come out of the oven;).

5 comments:

the Fosters said...

I have been wanting to try that, just too lazy to start. I love your recipe for sour creme chicken!

Anita said...

funny...i JUST bought that book! i'm really excited to try everything!

Anonymous said...

Does it work on husbands too? :)

Aaron said...

So THAT explains it!!!! The pulverized squash in the twice-baked potatos was fine - even tasty. But the gritty carrots in the Macaroni & Cheese - that's over the top. You just don't mess with Mac & cheese. It was an off-brand Mac & cheese, so I told Anita as I was stirring [now everyone things I ALWAYS help my wife in the kitchen with dinner] "This no name brand macaroni is terrible... the cheese won't even dissolve!" She actually tried to hold out & not tell me... but her conscience got the best of her during dinner & she admitted to poisoning the M&C with carrots.

It's just not right.

Oh, and to Andrew & Parker...

"RUN LITTLE BOYS!!
RUN, RUN AWAY!!!!
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS SCRUMPTIOUS...!!!!
DON'T EAT THE CASSEROOOO......."

Jenny said...

Jennifer, does Aaron's response answer your question?
:)