Sunday, July 27, 2008

Parker...



Parker is one of a kind!! He and Andrew are soooo close and he's getting sad that Andrew is about to start school:(. I just hate it for Park. He LOVES baby Piper and will be excited to be home with her but really wants to be with Andrew, too. The great thing is that Parker plays really well by himself. He's got a wonderful imagination and can sit for long periods of time making up stories, songs or just playing with things. Sometimes I peak in on him and just giggle at all of his silliness.
Right now he's taking a nap in our bed. This is only his second nap of the week. At nap time he's been going to his room and playing quietly instead of sleeping. Andrew stopped taking consistent naps around 3 1/2 - 4 years. How old were your kids when they stopped napping? The reason Park is in our bed now is because I knew he'd nap if I laid down with him. This morning they were all in our bed:). Piper joined us around 6:30, Parker around 7:15 and Andrew a little before 8:00. It was so sweet... good thing we have a King-size bed:)
While I'm talking about Park, I figured I post some of his favorite things:
1. BABY PIPER - Anytime I ask him, "what's your favorite thing about... (insert anything)" and he says Piper. It doesn't matter if it has nothing to do with her, it's always his answer!
2. Peanut Butter Rolls! which is really just a half of a pb sandwich. He loves them and could live off of them... while I was just laying by him, he had a sweet peanut butter smell:) .. he also likes hot dogs, sour cream casserole, spaghetti, lasagna, mac n cheese...
3. Playing with his big bubby Andrew! He loves Andrew.
4. Batman/Hulk/Spiderman/Underdog.... insert any superhero and Park loves them!
5. Singing... Park loves to sing and loves to make up his own songs! He loves for me to sing him bedtime songs. His favorites are Baby Mine and Mommy loves her baby boy:)... sometime I'm going to video our bedtime routine so we'll be able to look back on it.
6. CANDY or TREATS!! He's quite addicted to anything with sugar. He doesn't get it often but watch out when he does...
7. Papa .... Park and Andrew both love Papa.
8. Amy.... he loves my cousin Amy. He actually cried when she had to go back to Texas.
9. Being tickled and boy does he have the BEST laugh:)
10. Mowing the lawn with daddy!!
He has lots of other favorite things but especially loves all of these and when he gets excited about these things you can see it all over his body. He tenses up and has the biggest smile. It's sweet!!

3 comments:

the Percifuls said...

Tristan stopped taking consistent naps before he even turned 3. I was sad. :(

Your kids are precious! Love the pics!

The Uptons said...

Girl, Chloe is still taking a 1 hour nap every day! She can skip it if she has to and during the winter last year, she would skip about 1 day a week, sometimes two, I guess because she wasn't playing outside as much. I am going to ride this train as long as I can!

made2mama said...

Parker is soo precious;) So nice to record these sweet things to look back on.