Friday, July 11, 2008

What do you mean I can't use it???

OOoooo.. I was unhappy today. The kiddos and I went to Target. I've had a coupon for $5.00 off the purchase of a $25.00 toy. Since the toy had to be $25.00 Cam and I decided to get the Bat Cave. We looked last week and they were out of them so today we looked and there it was... the Bat Cave with Andrew and Parker's name written all over it. They were beaming with excitement. We get up to the check out and I give her my $5.00 coupon and it doesn't work. She looks at it and says, "I'm not sure why it's not working b/c it doesn't expire until October". She calls someone over to see what's going on and the lady says, "I'm sorry we can't accept that coupon because we've had some problems with fraud with that coupon". I was so upset. I printed the coupon from their website. She asked if I wanted to put the Bat Cave back... I'm like, "yea, right, you try telling my boys that we can't get the bat cave when it's the only reason we came here today!!!" ARRGGGHHHH!!! Whatever happened to customer service?

3 comments:

Krista said...

Ohhh, that is sad. I used that coupon a few weeks ago and it worked fine...but then I read that someone had digitally altered that coupon to be 5 dollars off of any 25 dollar purchase...so Target pulled the coupon altogether.

Autumn said...

I was checking out Targets stock price the other day and noticed they did a news release not long ago about no longer accepting coupons due to fraud. Seems kind of silly to be posting coupons on their website if they aren't going to let people use them!

the Fosters said...

Did you also know that you can only take things back to Target without a receipt two times and then they won't take it back after that. They are pretty strict about some things.