Tuesday, July 8, 2008

MAN down!!!

I don't know how much more swim lessons (torture) I can stand. Today I was afraid I was going to have to noodle-whip Andrew's teacher. Kind of hard to explain but she almost let the poor tyke drown. She was suppose to be holding onto him while he was swimming to retrieve his squishy ball. She decided to just go get it herself and left Andrew who continued to try to keep bobbing for it. He kept bobbing his head up out of the water and then going back in and then just went under completely. She was about 6 feet from him and she was walking the other way, while the other 4 year olds were unattended on the steps. Cam and I screamed "HEY" and she finally turned around and went and pulled him up. Bless his soul:(. When we got in the car he said, "I thought I was drowning, I just kept thinking while I was under there that I was going to drown". He did really good, he didn't seem scared at all when she pulled him up. It was scary to us though! A friend of mine that was there said last year her son wandered off of the step and the teacher was out with another kiddo. When her son went down she started running and screaming "Man down" over and over:). She said everybody thought she was a psycho!:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Andrew! Sounds like he handled it better than most kids would though.

Swimming lessons is one of the things you gotta do that I do NOT look forward to.

made2mama said...

Bless his lil' heart! He sounds pretty tough. I can't believe he didn't say he was done with swim lessons.

Anonymous said...

That stinks. My kids need swimming lessons, but they need to not be afraid first...

The Uptons said...

Poor Andrew, good for him for being brave and sticking with it!

Anita said...

"noodle-whip" that's hilarious! that teacher better watch it!

Phoebe said...

I think you're more patient than I would've been! Poor Andrew. So glad he's okay.