Tuesday, June 24, 2008

2 months, dirty words, diaper update

It's hard to believe that Sissy is already 8 weeks old! She's doing great! Her favorite thing is to be swaddled. She immediately stops fussing once we start to swaddle her. It's so sweet. She still sleeps in bed with Cam and I and I just love snuggling with her in the morning:). Parker is still ridiculously crazy about her. This is pretty much what Piper looks like all day...

Parker's face is permanently glued to hers with a kiss:)

I've been trying to prepare Andrew for Kindergarten. He really is sweet and innocent and I'm just wanting him to be prepared for some kiddos that might not be very obedient and say ugly things. I told him that some kids might say ugly words sometimes. He and Parker were like, "what kind of ugly words?" Andrew said, "You mean like stupid or maybe they'll say that the teacher has poopoo on her head". I said, "Yea, something like that":).
Cloth diapering is still going great. I've only dried the diapers in the dryer once, all other times were on the line. I'm still washing every 2 days but sometimes am able to wait until the 3rd. Since I'm cloth diapering, I decided to make my own baby wipes, too. I just cut up a couple of baby towels and make a mixture out of baby soap and water in a big glad bowl. It's much easier than disposable wipes because I can just throw them in the diaper pail instead of making a trip to the trash can. I thought I would probably use disposables every now and again but since I started cloth diapering 6 weeks ago, I've only used about 2 disposable diapers.
Just had to add this pic.. we went swimming the other day for a LONG time and Andrew's hands looked like the hands of an old man:).

2 comments:

7TimeChampion said...

We have gone cloth diapers for Reed too, but we call them underwear...I bet poop comes out the same as the ones you use for Piper

Anonymous said...

Do y'all have a king-size bed? How do you keep the covers away from Piper? Early on I thought it would be sweet (and maybe easier!) to sleep with Anna, but everything you read says how dangerous it is. How do you do it safely?