Wednesday, June 4, 2008

About Me

I've been tagged by Krista to answer some questions... bear with me because I have the hardest time answering questions about myself. I always feel like my answers aren't good enough:)


Favorite person (outside family)? Too many close friends to think of but one of my all time fav people is a guy named Che Smith. I went to high school with him and he was sooo stinking funny! I haven't seen him in over 10 years but I bet he's still funny:)

Favorite food? My mom's fried shrimp!

Quirks about you? World's greatest backseat driver:) I don't like milk, I don't even like to watch people drink it.

How would the person who loves you the most describe you in 10 words or less? Cam says... loving, caring, playful, encouraging, bubbly, empathetic, smart, witty, passionate, sensitive.

Any regrets in life? I'm sure I have several but one of them is not soaking up my time in Rwanda Africa as much as I wish I would've. Also, every time I am impatient with my family.

Favorite Charity/ Cause? Invisible Children - It's a movement started by 3 guys in California to bring awareness for the children of Uganda who have been taken as child soldiers. My students at the Jr. High have helped raise over $7000 over the past 2 years to help the Invisible Children.

Favorite Blog recently? I have several favs but one I've been checking a lot over the past week is a blog about a little girl who was diagnosed with leukemia a little over a week ago.

Something you can’t get enough of? definitely time with Cameron... it's sooo great when we get to go out alone, we usually end up grocery shopping but it's still fun:)

Worst job you’ve ever had? I've really liked all of my jobs... one of my favorites was being a carhop at Sonic:)

What job would you pay NOT to have? Embalmer, Cam helped with that one:)

If you could be a fly on the wall, where? YiKeS... I can't think of anything.

Favorite Bible verse right now? James 1:2,3 "Consider it pure joy when you face trials of many kinds because the testing of your faith develops perseverance".

Guilty Pleasure? Chocolate covered strawberries

If you HAD to spend $1,000 on YOURSELF, how would you spend it? An airplane ticket to Hawaii... Cam can hide in the suitcase:)


Favorite thing about your house? Our yard!!! I love how big our yard is.

Least favorite thing about your house? furniture

One thing you are bad at? Putting up my clothes

If you could change something about your circumstances, what? I wish Cam were a teacher so we'd have summers off together

Who would you like to meet someday? Bono

Who is your real life hero? My Grandma

What is the hardest part of your job? Getting waaaay too attached to my students and their circumstances. I know it's what makes me a good teacher but it can be sad sometimes.

What stresses you out? Chaos

What can you not live without? God's grace.

Why do you blog? It's so fun to share pics and stories. I love getting to keep in touch with friends through blogging and getting to know people better

Who Am I Tagging? Any of my bloggy friends who would like to participate:)

3 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

your work in uganda is amazing.

andrew is hysterical. i mean, really, really funny...so is parky park.

what kind of stuff did they screen him on?

7TimeChampion said...

I love how you decided not to put the pressure on your bloggy friends by naming them...A-Train...to do the survey

Krista said...

Thanks for doing this meme! I don't know what I was doing tagging you with being busy with a newborn! I guess "in the moment" I was just thinking how much I enjoy reading your blog and laughing at the things you write! Anyway, I enjoyed reading it! :)