Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Praise the Lord!

Last night Piper and I were in a car accident. We were going to pick up a baby book at Hallmark and were hit pretty hard. I was in the turning lane about to turn onto Lower Ridge Rd and a lady was pulling out of there and I'm assuming she was going to pull straight into the turning lane except she didn't look to see if anyone was in the turning lane and she hit us really hard, my car spun around. I don't know if I've ever been so scared. I saw it about to happen the second before it happened and I left off of my brake so she wouldn't hit mine or Piper's door and she barely missed Piper's door. We were spun around into traffic and there was a 3 car pile up not far behind us. I was sooo scared. I jumped out and pulled Piper out. She was horrified. It was sooo loud and jolting. The fireman wanted us to both go to the ER to get checked out. The doc said he thought she was fine and after x-raying me said I had whiplash.
The lady that hit us was unbelievable. She came up and gave me her business card (she's some sort of pastor) and asked if the cops needed to come. I couldn't believe it. I could barely stand up b/c I was shaking so badly and so worried about Piper. Not to mention, my car was pretty messed up. She never said another word to me, never asked about sweet Piper. I was so disappointed. My prayer for her is that God will give her compassion for others, or at least that she'll not ever hand out another business card claiming to be a pastor when she shows no display of love or compassion.
I can't even begin to describe how grateful I am this morning that we're okay. Things could have easily gone the other way. As Cam and I were leaving our hospital room in the ER we saw two men wheeling away someone who wasn't quite so fortunate. Earlier that night we had seen about 30 people waiting at the ER and we knew they were all family, I'm assuming they were the ones to receive the bad news about their loved one. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad y'all are ok! I can't imagine how scared both of you were.

She asked "IF" the cops needed to come? For crying out loud!

I've wished for years that they'd put a stoplight at Lower Ridge Road. Unfortunately, there will probably have to be a much worse accident than yours to make it happen.

David said...

I'm so glad y'all are ok. I can't imagine how terrified (and furious) I would be.

I admire your graciousness as well. Had the lousy woman done that to my family, you can bet I would be posting the information on her business card all over the Internet.

made2mama said...

I'm so glad you both are ok. That had to be very scary with lil' Piper. I'm glad you didn't listen to the lady about having the police come out.

the Percifuls said...

I am so relieved to hear you're OK! I can't imagine how scary that must have been for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh MY! So thankful you are both OK. Maybe by giving you her business card, she was just owning up to her mistake...giving you her name and number for insurance and other things??? Just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt! Crazy. Sometimes I wonder what non-believers think of "Christians" and their behavior sometimes. *If that lady was one!* I can't imagine hitting another car and NOT seeing if everyone was OK...especially if I saw a newborn...I would go hysterical!
Becke'

The Uptons said...

I am sooo thankful you guys are okay. Thank you so much for letting me rock Piper to sleep the other day, I thought back to that several times during the day...it really was a blessing...just something about newborns that make the world right! I cannot believe that lady, then again, I cannot believe myself somedays! Oh and your header looks so good, neat touch!

7TimeChampion said...

What I think goes unnoticed in all of this is Madame Jenny is never without a camera.

If the situation were a bit less tramatic, I feel confident we would have a picture of this woman of the cloth.

Can't trust pastors, she must get paid pretty well to be able to afford business cards though.

:)

the Fosters said...

Oh Jenny! Thank the Lord it wasn't any worse. You guys are in my prayers.

Thanks for encouraging me to start a blog. I think I am going to love it!

Paige said...

Hey there sweet Jenny! We are doing great. Just enjoying life in the moment. You are now added to my blog list. Your kids are beautiful. Tell Cam i said hello!

Anonymous said...

So how's your whiplash? Getting any better?

Jenny said...

Yes, Shane we keep a camera in the diaper bag for such a time as this:)

Anonymous said...

What a scary thing. I am glad you guys weren't hurt badly.

Little Oak Table said...

be looking for thank you #4 & #5 coming soon! i'll skip the third and just skip to the fourth. that is funny i sent you two! can we say sleep deprived!!! my family who loves to get thank you notes in texas would be SO PROUD of me!

Anita said...

praise God that you were both alright!

...and i love reading your posts! even though i already have a blog, you have encouraged me to be more active in my blogging role to society, and for that, jenny, i am most grateful! :)

Krista said...

Praise the Lord for His kind and sovereign hand of protection!