Tuesday, June 24, 2008

One of my biggest fears has come true...

I am so terrified of spiders. I think every spider I see is a black widow, tarantula or brown recluse:). Cam always thinks I'm ridiculous. Well, I killed a spider the other day that I really thought was a brown recluse but I threw it away so I couldn't show him. Our bug guy was scheduled to come today and Cam told me right before we go to bed that he has a couple of spiders for the bug guy to look at to see if they are brown recluse!!! AAAAAHHHHH!! Needless to say, I literally didn't sleep at all. I kept thinking spiders were in our sheets. Well, the bug guy confirmed that we do have brown recluse. I'm sooo scared. Spiders just paralyze me with fear!! And the boys have been playing in every dark, undisturbed place we have today.. like they're just trying to get bit!! Cam, trying to make it better sends me this from Wikipedia "this spider is not aggressive and usually bites only when pressed against the skin, such as when tangled up within clothes, bath towels, or in bedding"... Is he crazy, that only made it worst!! Now I'm horrified to get in bed or dry off with a towel.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So is that a picture of some squashed brown recluses? :-)

I really don't know what they look like, and I think I'd rather not. I'll just stay away from ALL spiders.

Little Oak Table said...

oh my word. that is freaky. can the exterminator spray for those things?

Hill Reflects said...

When my wife and I first got married, we had an incident occur during the honeymoon. For the next 5 years, I had to check the sheets before she went to bed :).

Calvin

Phoebe said...

You can tell a brown recluse by whether or not it has a shape of a fiddle on its back. That unfortunately means getting pretty close to look at it, but it's one way to tell. And I hate spiders too. I make Mark spray every year and then am still paranoid.

Jenny said...

Yes, Jennifer that pic is of some brown recluse spiders.. AHHH!!
Anna- they say you can't really spray to get rid of brown recluse, you have to just use glue boards. I'm still researching it though... how scary!

7TimeChampion said...

All they need is a little ketsup! They go right down with it!

David said...

Several years ago, I was working in one of the flower beds in our back yard next to the house when I saw, not 1 foot from my face, was a tarantula (pretty sure that's what it was) on the side of the house. I jumped back about 3 feet. Fortunately, the shovel in my hands was at least 4 feet long. *SQUISH!*

made2mama said...

Oh my goodness! Major goosebumps when I looked at that picture. As you know, I feel your fear and distress;)Keep meditating on scripture. Joshua 1:9 is a good one.

Aaron said...

The itsy bitsy spi-der
went up the water spout...